Thursday, April 11, 2013

Foodie Pen Pals March

This was my first month participating in foodie pen pals and honestly it feels like a lifetime ago. I really apologize for the lateness of my post. My words have just escaped me for the longest time. During March my mom was in the hospital which I had somewhat gotten used to, she had been in and out of the hospital since last October. On March 20th my mom was placed on hospice and I was told by the doctors that she would live 2-3 days...a week at the most. I stayed by my mom the entire time and was there when she took her last breath. She lived 13 days after being placed on hospice. She was always a strong lady. She died Easter Sunday 3-31-13. She had end stage dementia- Lewy Body Dementia and Parkinson's Disease. I have been taking care of her for 6 very long years. I'm just devastated as is the rest of my family.

To find out about participating in Foodie Penpals click here 

Tami, my pen pal sent me a wonderful box full of good snacks and I really have to thank her because the contents of that box is pretty much what I ate the first few days while I was at my mom's side.

I loved everything (almost) and had never had any of it before. I had to say I loved everything almost because once my daughter saw the cotton candy it was gone and I didn't get to try it. It made her really happy. Thank you for that Tami.

The person that I sent to was Cali. This is the box I sent her:
I got this note back from her:
Hi, thank you for my package- it was awesome. You were definitely right- the Inca snacks were delicious:) Thank you also for the handmade potholder! That was such a sweet and thoughtful addition.

Not in the picture was a potholder/dishcloth that I made her.
I'm glad she liked it.

In a few months once my life is a bit more normal I hope to participate again.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Homemaker Monday

  ♥♥ The Weather ♥♥     Monday  - High Wind Advisory-80  Tuesday  - 79 Wednesday  - 76 Thursday  -79 Friday  - 79 Saturday  - 82 Sunday  - 8...