Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Chili


Chili was the last thing I wanted to cook yesterday but I made a menu and I am trying to stick to it. I need to remember to check the weather forecast in the future. Yesterday in was 85 degrees in the house. I even turned on the air conditioner because I couldn't take it anymore. It just seems wrong to have to run the ac in January. I am worried what the weather will be like in June...it can reach 110-120 degrees where I live. I think I better start stocking up on picnic and salad recipes, it could be a long summer.

Chili
1 lb. ground beef
1 med. Onion, chopped
1 (15 oz.) can kidney beans, drained
1 (15 oz.) can chili beans with spices, do not drain
1 (28 oz.) can whole tomatoes with juice, cut up slightly with a knife
1 ( 8 oz.) can tomato sauce
1 Tbsp. Chili powder
1 lb. shredded cheddar cheese

In large pot brown meat and onion. When cooked stir in remaining ingredients except cheese. Cover and simmer 30-60 minutes, stirring occasionally. I like mine thick so I cook it closer to 60 minutes. Top each serving with a generous helping of cheese

For more wonderful recipes check out Frugal Food Thurday 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Happy Homemaker Monday

  ♥♥ The Weather ♥♥     Monday  - High Wind Advisory-80  Tuesday  - 79 Wednesday  - 76 Thursday  -79 Friday  - 79 Saturday  - 82 Sunday  - 8...