Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Crustless Quiche and Apple Raisin Salad



A light meal for a very hot day...it was 85 degrees today. I refuse to turn the air conditioner on in January!


Crustless Quiche
8 eggs, beaten
1 (10 oz.) pkg frozen chopped broccoli, cooked, drained and chopped OR 1 (10 oz) pkg. frozen spinach, defrosted, water squeezed out
1 C. cheddar cheese, shredded
Salt and pepper to taste
1 C. milk

Combine eggs, milk, salt and pepper. Stir in broccoli/spinach and cheese. Pour into a greased 8 inch pie pan that has 2 inch sides. Bake at 350 degrees about 40-50 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean

Apple Raisin Salad
5 apples, cored and chopped into bite sized pieces
1 C. raisins
½ C. salad dressing, like Miracle Whip
2 stalks celery, finely chopped
¼ C sugar
1 Tbsp. lemon juice

Soak raisins in hot water to cover to soften for about 5 minutes, drain and dry on a paper towel. Combine apples, raisins and  celery in a bowl. In a separate bowl combine salad dressing, lemon juice and sugar. Pour the dressing over the fruit mixture and stir. Refrigerate for about an hour to chill then serve.

For more great recipes check out $5 Dollar Dinner Mom , Tuesdays at the Table and Tasty Tuesday

3 comments:

  1. This looks just delicious. I think, I am going to make it. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you about the 85 degrees. It was hot like that here too. I think the weather might be going a little nuts, but I'm not complaining. I've never been crazy about crust so your quiche would definitely please me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry I had to laugh when you said 85 degrees. We are at 20 degrees at the moment, snowing to beat the band. Oh well that's Maine. Quiche is my favorite I will have to try it. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete

Happy Homemaker Monday

  ♥♥ The Weather ♥♥     Monday  - High Wind Advisory-80  Tuesday  - 79 Wednesday  - 76 Thursday  -79 Friday  - 79 Saturday  - 82 Sunday  - 8...